The Beje

The Beje (pronounced bay-yay) was the home of Corrie Ten Boom where she and her family hid Jews from the Gestapo in Nazi-occupied Holland. It was also the home where Corrie grew up and learned about Jesus Christ from her wise father. At the Beje, there was always room at the dinner table for just one more. This blog is a collection of my musings on daily life as I learn who I am in Christ.

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Can Hardly Wait

My wife and I will soon be taking our honeymoon in Colorado Springs. We'll be staying here. This honeymoon will be a welcome and much needed break for the both of us. We have not had a single free weekend since about April, and usually it's involved being on the road. Before we got married, she lived almost 70 miles from my home. So, we've been going back and forth seeing each other before we married, and then, after we married, moving, moving, going to my class reunion, moving, have I mentioned moving? and running various errands - EVERY SINGLE weekend for the last several months.

And if we were not moving, then friends or relatives were interrupting our weekends with last minute plans. Again, this usually involved being on the road a good deal of the weekend. We love our friends and relatives, and we enjoy getting together, but four weeks after we married, we were still living out of suit cases and our house was piled up with boxes - we desperately need to get our own house in order. And rest - we desperately needed time to just rest.

My wife was going-going-going so much that she eventually got sick, and I was almost to that point myself, and I won't mention how behind I got at the office. As a life-saving/sanity saving move, I decided for us to turn off all phones on the weekends to avoid any further last-minute interruptions. So, we are both very much looking forward to three weeks off with no responsibilities, no pressures, no errands, and no interrupting friends or relatives(God love 'em). Mmmmmm...we can hardly wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home